Kemi Adeosun resignation: How to collect your NYSC exemption certificatedkmngr September 15, 2018 0 COMMENTS
As the minister of Finance Kemi Adeosun resigned yesterday over what has been reported to be the certificate saga, here is how to collect your exemption certificate.
If you are eligible for exemption of the mandatory National Youth Service Corps, NYSC, For home trained graduates the process begins from the Corps Producing Institutions.
YOU MAY BE INTERESTED IN: Revealed: President Buhari Told Kemi Adeosun To Go ‘Few Weeks Ago’
It is worthy to note that as stated on the NYSC website , Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not at NYSC office.
- The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
- A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
- With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
For foreign trained graduates the process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
- After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
- Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
- Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.